Laurence E. Salans
Email: [email protected]
Mr. Salans focuses his practice in the areas of trusts and estates and business law, primarily for families and owners of privately held businesses, executives and professionals.
In his trusts and estates practice, he advises clients regarding:
- wills, trusts, health care directives and financial powers of attorney
- intergenerational gift and estate tax planning
- international estate tax planning (including for NGO employees)
- retirement distribution planning
- tax planning with life insurance
- asset protection planning
- estate and trust administration
- will contests and fiduciary litigation
- planned charitable giving and formation of tax-exempt organizations
He also advises clients regarding pre-and post-marital agreements and property issues relevant in separation and divorce.
In his business law practice, Mr. Salans advises clients in the following areas:
- entity formation for start-ups and other new businesses
- buy-sell agreements
- business succession planning
- purchase and sale of a business
- employment agreements
- variety of business agreements
- outside general counsel services
Mr. Salans has written for numerous professional publications including the Legal Times. He has also spoken on a variety of planning issues including asset protection planning for business owners and professionals.
Mr. Salans served as a member of the Steering Committee of the Estates, Trust and Probate Law Section of the D.C. Bar.
Mr. Salans has an AV Preeminent peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected to Best Lawyers in America in 2009. He is listed in Washingtonian Magazine as among D.C.’s Top Lawyers.